Florida International University is Miami’s public research university, focused on student success. According to U.S. News and World Report, FIU has 42 top-50 rankings in the nation among public universities. FIU is a top U.S. research university (R1), with more than $200 million in annual expenditures. FIU ranks 15th in the nation among public universities for patent production, which drives innovation, and is one of the institutions that helps make Florida the top state for higher education. The Next Horizon fundraising campaign is furthering FIU’s commitment to providing students Worlds Ahead opportunities. Today, FIU has two campuses and multiple centers, and supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA, with more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. The university has awarded more than 330,000 degrees to many leaders in South Florida and beyond. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Web Developer II – 523450
The Web Developer II is responsible for planning, development, implementation, and support of geo-spatial web-based applications. The Web Developer II is also responsible for coordinating and communicating with clients including funding agencies to fulfill project goals and objectives. The GIS Web Developer II will assist in directing junior programmers on funded projects. Works with lead digital developer, the head of GIS Center and other project team members on funded projects.
· Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Studies or other technical discipline and two (2) years related experience OR an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
· Minimum 3 years with geo-spatial web APIs and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) development experience
· Familiarity with geo-spatial web APIs and Geographic Information Systems (GIS), MS-SQL, MySQL, IIS and Apache web servers, Java, Python, Tomcat
· Minimum 1 year of experience with below technologies is mandatory.
o React.JS & Redux.JS
o Node.JS & Express.JS
o Docker Images (Containers)
o D3 data visualization library
· Web GIS library experience e.g. Google Map API, Mapbox GL, or Leaflet
Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
· CSS systems such as LESS and SASS to compile style files.
· Frameworks such as Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.
· Standards-compliant code.
· Understand agile software development and instill best practices into the process e.g. JIRA, BITBUCKET
· Criminal Background Check
· Fingerprinting Check
· This is a time limited appointment which may be terminated at any time with 30 days’ notice.
For further information or to apply online visit our website at careers.fiu.edu and reference job opening ID # 523450
· Works on the Security Research Hub project funded through FIU Gorden Institute of Public Policy.
· Designs, develops, implements, and releases high quality custom software solutions using Scrum.
· Applies the very best technical agile patterns and practices when building custom software solutions.
· Works under supervision from the Lead Developer, but will be expected to work independently on complex, non-routine tasks and projects. Interacts with the other team members to identify and correct issues.
· Maintains continuous, open, consistent professional communication with customers, peers and team members. Openly listen to others and confirms understanding to ensure everyone is on the same page.
· Strong capability to follow instruction and document the code in formal way.
· Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.