About the Company:
UKG, Inc. develops and markets human resources and payroll software for workforce management. We provide sophisticated people management technology delivered in the cloud.
Engineering Team Owner II, UKG, Inc., Weston, Florida
The Engineering Team Owner directs two functional teams that are responsible for implementing business intelligence reporting and data warehousing solutions at UKG, Inc. The Engineering Team Owner directs the team development process and makes sure the team implements any department initiatives, including all the high performing team behaviors. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Proactively drive the strategic and technical vision for Business Intelligence and Data
Warehousing across UKG products and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Facilitate and lead discussions across functional groups, product partners and key
stakeholders to identify and validate technology solution strategy, supporting initiatives and key deliverables.
- Partner with cross‐functional departments to develop roll‐out schedules and technology
releases ensuring business needs are supported in all phases throughout the process.
- Build cross‐functional relationships with Data Experts, Product Managers, Project
Managers, Architects, Directors, Vice Presidents, Software Engineers, and Program
- Leaders to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Drive the design, build, and launch of new Business Intelligence reports, dashboards,
models, data pipelines and near‐real time complex data warehousing solutions in production.
- Manage development of data resources and support new product launches.
- Manage the delivery of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), ETL solutions, data marts, and near‐real time data warehousing solutions.
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments; manage the day-to‐
day activities of the team within an Agile/Kanban/Scrum environment.
- Work closely with the engineers, architects, leads, and data business analysts to architect and develop the best technical design and approach as a hands‐on technical leader.
- Lead technical teams in delivering highly scalable and reliable applications that meet business budgets/timelines while ensuring alignment to strategic technology vision.
- Lead the development of new features and implementations of new technologies and frameworks.
- Identify gaps and risks early and establish mitigation plans, both technically and with regard to resources.
- Coach and develop people resources to maximize strengths and develop strong, collaborative partnerships within the Technology organization and across business functions.
- Proactively build, mentor, and grow high quality Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing teams at scale, identify the required skills, hire the best talent, actively manage individual performance and help each individual grow to their fullest potential.
- Conduct performance and salary reviews and provide feedback on the performance of Manager, Leads, Software Engineers, Quality Engineers, Cloud Engineers, and DBAs. Identify and document the roles, tasks, and responsibilities of each team member.
- Develop, evaluate, and implement improved processes, methods, and tools to continually improve software delivery effectiveness.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance and Performance testing staff to ensure comprehensive test coverage, effective performance and load tests, timely resolution of issues and other actions to assure delivery of quality software.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to the Management.
- Own team processes to increase engineering efficiency. Develop, measure, and interpret statistics that serve as indicators of team performance and use this information to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Implement automation and orchestration for manual processes required to operate and deploy cloud services.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management, code quality, Go‐To‐Market (GTM) and system reliability.
- Define and manage SLAs for all data pipelines and processes running in production.
- Monitor and research quality and performance tools, process and technology advancements and analyze benefits, needs, applicability, costs, and feasibility for adoption.
- Interface with Development, Quality Assurance and Operations teams to identify root cause analysis and re‐instrument triggers to prevent future degradation, incidents, escalations, and outages.
- Provide leadership and direction to engineers, site reliability engineers, and development operations staff that are responsible for break‐fix, up‐time and reliability for core services, distribution, and customer access network elements and related interfaces.
- Assist the ‘Run’ and ‘Support’ teams in building durable systems/applications and ensuring a low MTTR (mean time to resolution).
- Lead the effort to recruit new hires for Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing engineering positions.
- Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or a closely related field.
- 5 years of experience as a Systems Analyst working with enterprise-level Business Intelligence and Data warehouse systems and applications.
- 3 years of experience (which can have been gained concurrently with the primary experience requirement above) working with the following:
- Conducting JAD sessions, gathering business requirements from stake holders and SME’s, creating business requirements / functional specifications / technical design / data mapping documents for source to target mappings;
- Creating Use Case / Activity / Project Flow Diagrams and troubleshooting production issues;
- Reporting and Data Warehouse concepts including 3NF, Star schema and Snowflake and working with Data transformation tools including Informatica; SSIS;
- Writing complex SQL statements to validate data and requirements and SQL queries joining multiple tables, stored procedures, views and cursors and working with SQL Databases including Oracle and SQL Server;
- Working with BI reporting tools (Cognos) and Object Oriented programming languages including SAS and performing operational and analytical reporting for external and internal customers.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Meg Bresnahan, Sr. Business Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See position description.