UKG, Inc. develops and markets human resources and payroll software for workforce management. We provide sophisticated people management technology delivered in the cloud.
Software Test Engineer, UKG, Inc., Weston, Florida
Will be engaged in enterprise-level software testing including designing high-level test strategy, building test plans, test scenarios, building software test automation frameworks, writing automated tests, executing exploratory tests, debugging bugs and defects, monitoring overall health & performance of the software applications and ensuring high quality product is delivered using state-of-the-art CI/ CD technologies.
Specific duties will include the following:
- Work on all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including: analysis, design, development, testing, Build/ Release management, Continuous Integration and Deployment to production.
- Collaborate with Development Team Manager, Tech Leads and Business/ Product partners to conduct detailed studies of existing software applications and identify opportunities to improve on delivery efficiencies, end-user experience and mitigate known risks.
- Actively participate with the Development team in all design, planning and kickoff meetings to analyze complex software requirements & specifications, elicit acceptance criteria and offer insights on how to test and ensure the final software product is of high-quality for the end- users.
- Create detailed test plans, test cases and strategies; implement them using the latest testing techniques, methodologies, tools and object-oriented programming languages to ensure maximum continuous test coverage by developing several types of automated tests including unit tests, integration tests, selenium user-interface tests and performance tests that report software quality and performance issues efficiently throughout the software development lifecycle; review & publish test coverage reports to all stakeholders on a regular basis and improve coverage as needed.
- Conduct extensive Performance/ Load Testing of new products or features to establish Stability, Scalability and Reliability; identify performance optimization opportunities and engage the team as needed to implement necessary optimizations. Publish performance test results to all stakeholders.
- Performing exploratory testing on the developed features to detect unwanted behavior or bugs or defects, both on front-end UI(functional) and back-end services(APIs) or databases and conducting root cause analysis with Business/ Product & Development team members to address such defects, fix them and add more automated tests for such edge cases.
- Facilitate and participate in User Acceptance and Accessibility Testing efforts and identify any bugs or defects and communicate to the Business/ Product and Engineering stakeholders as needed to find and implement fixes or improvements.
- Work on the release/ deployment of final software product by adopting practices like DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery(CD); use relevant tools and technologies to implement CI/ CD pipelines that will incorporate Continuous Automated Testing to ensure high- quality products are delivered to the end-user at all times; and ensure release notes are delivered to the Product/ Business Partners and all other stakeholders.
- Create and maintain critical application monitoring alerts and dashboards, conduct Security Testing/ Analysis as needed, and address any incidents or irregularities as and when they occur.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related field and 3 years of experience as a Software Test Engineer. This experience must include working with the following:
- Establishing and improving software quality assurance strategies, methods, tools and best practices across all testing/ quality domains.
- Conducting Performance/ Load Testing new products or features to ensure they meet anticipated end-user traffic/ usage and collaborating and participating in User Acceptance Testing and Accessibility testing efforts.
- Leading root cause analysis of bugs or defects by debugging and engaging necessary Business/Product and Development/ Engineering stakeholders to find a fix and implement it.
- Working on the release/ deployment of final software product using DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) practices and implementing comprehensive automated continuous testing strategies in delivery pipelines to ensure high-quality software products/ updates are delivered to customers in the most efficient manner.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Yeiny Acosta, Associate Manager, Talent Acquisition Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
See position description.