About the Company:
Western Atlantic University School of Medicine
Western Atlantic University School of Medicine (WAUSM) provides an exciting opportunity for individuals that wish to join an energetic team of medical educators that are committed to building a fresh, new, dynamic, and innovative medical education program. Our Medical Advancement Preparatory Program (MAPP) and our WAUSM medical students will study medicine in a highly integrated, systems-based, hybrid curricula that incorporate active learning strategies in large and small group settings. With a powerful focus on active, case-based learning; robust simulation; and early exposure to clinical patients, MAPP and WAUSM students can expect an integrated learning experience with individualized support that will prepare them to excel in medical school and beyond.
HIDE FULL DESCRIPTIONThe pre-clerkship foundational sciences program will be built around a 5-semester (15 weeks per semester) model of instruction with basic science concepts and competencies related to patient centered care integrated and woven throughout. The clerkship portion of the program will include clerkships in Internal Medicine (12 weeks), Pediatrics (6 weeks), Obstetrics and Gynecology (6 weeks), Psychiatry (6 weeks), Family Medicine (6 weeks), Surgery (12 weeks), Emergency Medicine or Urgent Care (4 weeks), a Sub-Internship (4 weeks), and electives (28 weeks).
WAUSM will operate on three semesters per year with a new class of students matriculating each semester. This position is located in South Florida, though travel to Freeport, Grand Bahama Island and other WAUSM locations is anticipated.
Reporting directly to the Senior Associate Dean for Administration, we invite applications for an Information Technology (IT) Network Manager. This individual will provide oversight for the development and maintenance of our university-wide IT network, servers, software, and hardware.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Ability to manage personnel
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, colleagues, and external representatives as necessitated by the workload.
- Five to ten years of similar or related experience; experience in a medical school or university preferred.
- Education: (1) A bachelor’s degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor’s degree (e.g., information technology certifications in lieu of a degree).
- Previous data processing experience including networks, PCs, data communications, mainframe and PC programming and data organization.
- Technical planning, project management and supervisory experience.
- Ability to discuss technical issues effectively with other data processing professionals as well as non-technical users.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work and travel independently, use general office equipment, and present.
- Provides primary support for the university’s network and PC/LAN servers which includes planning, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network and system hardware and software.
Sets up and ensures server systems are up to date on security patches, operating system patches, and hardware.
- Installs, configures, and maintains the firewalls, switches, and wireless network devices and policies.
Monitors all university computers and peripheral devices to ensure they are compliant according to policies and other requirements.
- Regularly reviews, monitors, and maintains the security posture of the university, to include access security, video surveillance devices, IDS/IPS and virus alerts.
- Develops, monitors, and maintains the backup system(s) to ensure data are being backed up and can be restored quickly.
- Participates in short and long-range planning for the university to select and utilize appropriate educational and administrative technologies to meet the evolving needs of the university.
Identifies areas needing digital improvements for efficiency and redundancy to improve our overall member experience.
- Assists in identifying workflows and processes that can be improved and automated.
- Manages staff responsible for planning, implementing, maintaining an otherwise supporting the core system, PC hardware and software products, wide area communications, database systems, network and systems security and access controls.
- Directs significant special projects as required.
- Performs other job- related duties as assigned.