About the Company:
UKG, Inc. develops and markets human resources and payroll software for workforce management. We provide sophisticated people management technology delivered in the cloud.
Software Engineer II, UKG, Inc., Weston, Florida (Remote)
Serve as a member of the Mobile Human Resources Engineering Team, which focuses on the Human Resources portion of UKG’s mobile application. This mobile application offers a unique, intuitive interface that helps Human Resources administrators and company employees alike stay connected with the UltiPro product suite on the go. The team’s Software Engineers are responsible for building and deploying user centered, Cloud-based software solutions related to the mobile application. Specific duties include:
- Developing cutting edge human capital management (HCM) solutions to maximize the performance, scalability, and distributed processing capabilities of the system.
- Collaborating with fellow developers, technical leads, and architects to create and integrate software features for the system.
- Implementing Microservices architecture and open-source frameworks.
- Participating in test driven full life cycle development, automated unit testing, test fixtures, pair programming, and daily code reviews in an Agile environment.
- Deploying HCM applications to the Cloud using a variety of technologies including TeamCity, Docker, Kubernetes, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and others.
- Analyzing user feedback to design and development new software functionality and troubleshooting issues in the design and development process.
- Providing root cause analysis for production issues that are escalated to the Team and communicating with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the Team goals.
- Position requires either (i) Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a closely related field and 5 years of experience as a full stack Software Developer on enterprise-level projects; or (ii) Master’s degree (or an equivalent foreign degree) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a closely related field and 3 years of experience as a full stack Software Developer on enterprise-level projects.
- Must also have 3 years of experience (which can have been gained concurrently with the primary experience requirement above) working with the following:
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), design patterns, web services, microservices, Service Oriented Architecture, Test-Driven Development, and Acceptance Testing.
- Java, C#/.NET, Kotlin, GraphQL, CQRS.
- SQL and NoSQL databases, including MongoDB.
- Agile software development practices.
- Experience with build tools, including Maven and Gradle.
Note: This is a telecommuting position working from home. May reside anywhere in the United States.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Meg Bresnahan, Sr. Business Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See position description.